Year 8 student Ben Bolton this week discovered he will be representing Great Britain at the junior world championships in Jakarta again – following his 3rd place finish at last years event. Today we are revelling at Ben’s INCREDIBLE achievements as he kindles a promising and celebrated career as a junior golfer.
Beginning his golfing tuition at aged 4; Ben very quickly expressed a talent for the game, so much so that at aged 6 he became the youngest ever member to join Enville Golf Club due to his ability and good attitude. Within the year Mr. Bolton began to play competitively, winning his first tournament at the age of 8 to qualify for Wee Wonders Tournament at St. Andrews which he went on to place 1st.
Still aged 8, Ben played in the European Championships held at Longniddry, Scotland, being placed 35th out 40 which remains an amazing achievement for a golfer his age. Ben soon began to bring in the wins for his club as he began representing the Junior Team at Enville, winning by 45pts at the Captains Day event at Enville in 2016. The European Championships were again graced by Ben’s talents when he placed 22nd out of 50 worldwide competitors, his wonderful mindset and strong abilities propelling his acclaim through the junior golfing circuit.
Finishing 7th in the British Junior Championship in 2017 and 2018 at Celtic Manor, Wales again shows the improvement and growth that Ben has been through as a young sportsman where he boasted a single figure handicap at the age of 10! Our student now has the British Junior Golf Tour Summer Cup, Woodhall Spa Junior Open and Jakarta World Champion Qualifier wins under his belt. At aged 11, Ben has played against Under-16, 18 and 21 teams (Ben being the youngest on the field!) and finished 18th, 35th and 57th respectively out of 100 players.
Ben honestly is an amazing and promising student in his academics and his golfing, we are proud of his achievements, an impressive young man whom we are confident will continue to dazzle the golfing world in the future. Having starting the year with a handicap of 8.9 he has reduced it down to 3.9, which to those who aren’t fluent with golfing terminology, is an ABSOLUTELY REMARKABLE achievement for any golfer regardless of age.
Well done Ben! Good luck at the IMG World Championship Qualifiers and the Spain Qualifier later this month. We are delighted to have you as a student and eager to see where your exceptional talents and game-winning attitude will take you.
Check below for an exhaustive list of Ben’s golfing achievements:
- 1st place in his first junior competition at Enville as youngest on the field.
- 1st place at Enville’s Captains Day, being the junior winner by 45pts.
- 18th in his first Enville major competition playing against 73 adults
- 1st in the Wee Wonders Qualifiers.
- 1st in the Wee Wonders British Tournament.
- 35th in the Uskids European Championship out of 50 worldwide competitors.
- 3rd at the 3 Hammers Par 3 Championships.
Started the year with a handicap of 46, reduced to 27
- Began to play from the white tees for the first time (the starting position of professional adult golfers).
- 22nd in the Uskids European Championship out of 71 worldwide competitors.
- 7th in the Uskids British Championship out of 30 worldwide competitors.
- 4th in Stourbridge Junior Open.
- 3rd in 3 Hammers par 3 Championship.
Started the year with a handicap of 27, reduced to 14.4
- 2nd at the Robert Rock Junior Golf Tour in Sutton Coldfield, with a gross score of 76.
- 13th at the Uskids European Championship out of 71 worldwide competitors.
- 1st at the British Junior Golf Tour in Nailcote; a Par 3 qualifier shooting a superb 60, 11 shots clear of 2nd place.
- 7th Uskids British Championship out of 30 competitors worldwide.
- 4th Stourbridge Junior Open.
- 1st at the Neil Elwell charity game for Fight Leukaemia at Chesterton Valley against 60 competitors.
- 1st at the British Junior Golf Tour Woodhall Spa.
- 1st at the 2 Day Season Final Junior Open.
- 1st at the Jakarta World Junior Championship Qualifier.
- Ben has been told he is now qualified to represent his age category on the British team in Jakarta next June!
- 2nd at the British Junior Golf Tour Edgbaston.
- 7th at the IMG World Qualifier at Maylands.
- 3rd Jakarta World Junior Championship in Indonesia.
- 18th out of 35 Nick Faldo Junior Golf Tournament in the U16 group being the youngest on the field.
- 2nd at the British Junior Golf Tour in Nailcote.
- 1st at the British Junior Golf Tour Summer Camp Tournament finishing 10 shots ahead of field at -5 and a total of 17 birdies over a 3-round tournament.
- 1st at the Enville Golf Club Junior Open, best gross score.
- 1st at the Enville Golf Club Major Guard Trophy with 42pts.
- 1st at the Enville Golf Club Major Highgate Cup Trophy with a gross score of 72, first level par off the white tees.
- 5th in the European Junior Golf Tour at Telford Golf Club.
- 4th British Junior Golf Tour at Foxhills in Surrey.
Looking forward to play in the IMG World Qualifier at South Herts Golf Club and the EJGT Spain Qualifier Ingestre Park.
Started the year with a handicap of 8.9, reducing to 3.9