Science Curriculum Intent.
To deliver a curriculum which provides a high-quality science education providing the foundations for understanding the world through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics. We aim for students to appreciate how science has changed our lives and is vital to the world’s future. All pupils are taught essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes and uses of science. Through Covid catch up students will build up a body of key foundational knowledge and concepts, pupils are encouraged to recognise the power of rational explanation and develop a sense of excitement and curiosity about natural phenomena.
Science Core Standards.
In Science the core standards are to:
• Develop scientific knowledge and understanding of the world around them.
• Develop scientific enquiry skills.
• Inspire and engage learners.
• Provide opportunities and challenge for all learners to achieve their full potential.
• Drive aspirations of potential future science-based career opportunities.