Crestwood Careers Day a Huge Success!
On Wednesday 25th June, our Careers Lead, Miss Dredge, organised a fantastic day of activities for our Year 10 students.
Another unique opportunity for our students, who were able to explore post 16 options, such as Invictus Sixth Form, as well as developing employability skills in a series of workshops.
During the careers day, students took part in the following activities:
· A session on informed decisions ran by Aspire to HE from the University of Wolverhampton. In this session, students learnt more about their post-16 options and the importance of being informed before making the significant decisions that will follow in the coming years.
· A session on soft skills and employability skills ran by Activate. In this session, students learnt about soft skills and how to develop these, to make themselves more employable.
· A further and higher education careers fair. Students got the opportunity to go to a careers fair where several local colleges and Universities will be represented.
· Lessons on interviews and CV and cover letters. Students learnt more about job interviews and writing CVs, to help them in job interviews and to help them when writing their future course and job applications.
· A virtual reality session ran by Aspire to HE where students got the opportunity to do a virtual tour of a local University campus.
· An apprenticeship talk ran by Juniper training. In this session, students learnt more about traineeships and apprenticeships, as well as a range of other training routes that will be available to them after year 11.